Talk about making the house smell like heaven!! These were so good!! And puffed up in the oven just like a muffin should, it makes me smile to see it :). I used 1/3 cup less sugar than the original recipe and added walnuts, because my husband said it's not a REAL banana muffin if it doesn't have nuts in them. I'm good either way :).
Mostly Adapted From: Allrecipes
I had a 6 muffin pan and they made 11 muffins for 17 min in the oven.
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 bananas, mashed
* 2/4 cup white sugar
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 4 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
* 1 cup of walnuts
* 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter, and walnuts. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.